Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Video Review for Lawrence via Podcasting

So today were asked to review a colleague's video and post the review in the form of a podcast.  Overall this was a fun exercise and there were lots of great videos to choose from.  My only gripe is that my microphone is not great, so there is a lot of grain in my audio and this annoys me to no end.



So the question now is, would I use this in the class?  I would definitely let students submit a project this way. I think it would make an excellent alternative for presenting.  I imagine this would be a great way to have students give an oral presentation without cutting into class time if you are falling behind.  The only downside is that of course it requires time to show students how to do this if they do not already know and it also requires that they have access to the technology at home unless they have free time at school.

Alternatively, it would be kind of funny to pull and Andy Kaufman using a podcast, where you would tell students "Okay I am sure you are tired of me standing at the front of the class lecturing you.  So today we are going to do something different."  And then you would hit play on the podcast which would continue your lecture.

Well I would find it funny anyway.
--Blake

1 comment:

  1. Great idea! I think that if you wanted to go with something really different you might want to try pulling a Tony Clifton.

    ReplyDelete